what's on » Route 66 Sportive Back For 2021
Route 66 Sportive Back For 2021
what's happening on the day
The Nova Raiders Route 66 Sportive is back for 2021. Normally held in May, this year the event has been moved to comply with Covid restrictions and will now be held on Saturday 3rd July 2021.
There are three courses available: BRoute 99, Route 66 and Route 33. BRoute 99 was new in 2019 and is intended to provide that extra challenge over and above what they had previously offered.
Start and Finish will be from The Lodge, Chetwynd Deer Park, Newport, Shropshire, TF10 8EU.
Cycling through the beautiful Shropshire countryside with iconic views of The Wrekin, Long Mynd and the Shropshire plains.
For BRoute 99, registration is from 7.30 am. Riders start from 8:00 am.
For all other routes, registration is from 8.30 am. Riders start from 9:30 am.
* All routes are fully signposted with marshals and support crew.
* On course telephone support.
* GPS routing
* Water stops at Upton Magna and Wrockwardine (all three routes).
* Feed stations at The Bog Visitors Centre (BRoute 99 only) and Cardington Village Hall (Route 66 and BRoute 99).
* Mechanical support at the start.
* Tea and Coffee available at the start.
* Free parking.
* Mens and ladies toilets available.
* Food available from the fabulous Camper Hamper.
* Refreshments available including the Joules Craft Beer Bus licensed bar.
* "Broom Wagon".
* Custom Route 66 event medal
Join them for a fabulous days cycling and socialising in the beautiful Shropshire countryside. It promises to be an amazing day!