Dear Community, Burton Borough School are looking for independent Governors to assist in taking the school forward.
Are you, or do you know someone able to give time and commitment to help shape the future of young people?
Being a school governor can be a challenging but hugely rewarding role, that will give you the chance to make a difference to the education of young people.
A Governor does not have to have a knowledge about the education system, as many work life experiences are transferable into the school environment. However, your skills, character and most importantly your time are needed.
As a governor, you will be able to:
• Provide support and challenge, to help improve the school for both pupils and staff.
• Bring your own unique experiences, perspectives, and insights into decision-making in
the interest of the school community.
• Set aims, objectives and targets for the school including the policies.
• Monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making.
• Act as a support and challenge to the Principal.
The school particularly needs governors with knowledge and experience, in areas such as finance, marketing and public relations, property and estates management, and organisational change.
The Governing body should be a representation of our diverse community and as such we welcome all applicants.
Are you willing help to strengthen our existing structure?
If you wish to be considered and would like an informal chat about what the role entails, please contact the Clerk to the Governors, Mrs Sue Wycherley at email@example.com.
Mr P Ackers - Chair of Governors